Garmin InReach Rental – Explorer+ with sat messenging, GPS Navigation, tracking, routing, waypoints, breadcrumbs, & more.
OER’s Garmin Inreach Rental – the Explorer+ or SE models – offer backcountry communication, tracking, SOS, social media sharing and more. The Explorer+ model adds preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps and integrated GPS navigation. It is a handheld GPS Navigation unit and Satellite communicator combined in one unit!
- 100% global Iridium satellite coverage
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Pair it with your mobile device (Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire via Bluetooth) and free Earthmate app to access downloadable maps, color aerial imagery and more.
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view; view route details such as distance and bearing to destination
- Plan your route online ahead of time and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress
- Preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps with onscreen GPS routing
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 2 min. to 4 hrs. allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed
- Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter, accelerometer and odometer; display trip time, max speed, moving average and trip distance while in the field
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone 2-way messaging
- Waterproof/dustproof (IPX7, standard submersion to 1m for 30 min.); impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- 100 hrs. of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky
- The DeLorme inReach Explorer+ is easily charged using the included USB cable, and can be used with most solar chargers.
SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing.
For complete technical specifications and detailed features see the InReach Explorer page at Delorme
More information on Delorme InReach Rental data plans available in the ‘Data’ tab.